Jaffa Books is currently open for submissions.
What we are looking for:
- Genre: Fantasy/Science Fiction/Furry Fiction
- Length: Novella or Novel length (20,000 words and above)
- Previously published material can be submitted
What we are not looking for:
- Other genres beyond those listed above - including children's fiction.
- Short fiction (excluding any open anthology calls), poetry, graphic novels, or non-fiction
- Simultaneous submissions
How to submit
All submissions must be sent via email, to jfrcoates[at]jaffabooks.com.au
We will not consider nor respond to any submission sent in any other form. We do not accept simultaneous submissions for any novel or novella.
In the body of the email please include a little information about yourself, such as any prior publications. If the submission has been published before, this is a good place to inform us. Please also include information about the story, such as genre and word count. Please advise us here if the story contains adult content.
In separate files, please attach the manuscript and a short (one page) synopsis.
All attached files should be in a .doc or .docx format. The file should include the submission’s title: ‘Novel Name.doc’ for the manuscript, and ‘Novel Name Synopsis’ for the synopsis.
On the first page of both the manuscript and synopsis, please include the following information:
- Author’s real name
- Author’s pen name (if different to the above)
- Submission title
On the first page of the manuscript only, please also include:
- Phone number
- Email address
- Series title (if applicable)
- Basic font, such as Times New Roman, Courier New, or Calibri with a reasonable size (10-12, depending on exact font used)
- Left-justified text
- Do not use either the Header or Footer
- Do not manually number pages
- Use a centred *** to indicate section breaks